In preparing for JNVST, both you and your child must make target for the highest possible results to get admission in your unique dream school.First of all check whether your child is eligible.
- A Student of V standard in Govt./Govt. aided/Govt.recognised school.
- Age should be 9-13 years
- JNV should be in your district
- Student will get single attempt only for JNVST. (REMEMBER !!! Under any circumstances,no student can appear second time)
Reservation of seats:
75% – Students from rural areas ( To claim rural quota, a student must have studies class III,IV,V in a school located in rural area.Parents have to submit an affidavit for the same at time of admission.)
25% – Students from Urban areas
3% – Disabled students.
One third of total seats are for girls.
Languages of the examination:
Medium of examination will be medium through which the student is studying in class V.
The JNVST is available in many languages.
Duration: 2 hours
Type of Questions: Only Objective type questions
Sections: Total 3
Total Marks: 100 Marks for 100 questions( 1 mark for each question),No negative Marking.
Name of Topics No. of Questions No. of Marks Time Mental Ability Test 50 50 60 Minutes Arithmetic Test 25 25 30 Minutes Language Test 25 25 30 Minutes Total 100 100 02:00 hours
Nature of the test
A. Mental ability test
- Odd man out
- Figure matching
- Pattern completion
- Figure series completion
- Geometrical figure completion
- Mirror imaging
- Punched hold pattern
- Space Visualisation
- Embedded figure
B. Arithmetic test
- Number system
- Four fundamental operations on Whole number
- Fractional number and four fundamental operations on them
- Factors and multiples including their properties
- LCM and HCF
- Decimals and fundamental operations on them
- conversion of fractions to decimals and vice versa
- Applications of numbers in measurement units(length,mass,time,capacity,money etc.)
- Speed,distance and time
- Approximation of expressions
- Simplification of Numerical expressions
- Percentage and its applications
- Profit and loss
- Simple interest
- Perimeter.area and volume
C. Language test(Reading test)
- Reading comprehension with 3 passages,each passege will have 5 questions.(15 Questions)
- Grammar and writing skill(10 questions)
You can get application form from Jawahar Navoday vidyalaya, District education officer, Block education officer or head master of school where child is studying at free of cost, fill it as per instruction and submit it to Block education officer signed by Head of school where candidate is studying.
Tips for Parents
Parents have to be as supportive as possible to crack JNV entrance exam.
- Help your child to know about school,why this exam is important for his good future,If possible introduce your child to any JNV student.
- Help your child to get some study materials and model papers,Previous years papers etc.(Its easily available at your local books store and take help from Google guru)
- Your child has to study for school as well as JNVST,so help them to make and properly follow study time table.
- Encourage your child to ask for help to clear their confusion of any exam topic.
- Make sure your child eat healthy,take proper rest and play between each part of study.
- Give your child proper study place to get rid of all distractions.
- Help your child to make group of friends who are also preparing for JNVST. This will encourage your child.
- Encourage them to cover all topics and help them to understand exam patterns,marking system etc.
- Encourage them to practice a lot.
Parents , now you are very well aware of eligibility criteria to exam pattern.so,get ready to support your child in every way to crack this examination for his/her bright future.
Best of luck !!!!!!!
Click here to know more about JNVST_2017.
Recommended readings: JNVs: Unique schools in india with No/Negligible fees and CBSE board
If you feel that this post is useful to other parents, Please share it on Facebook.